The SimpleRisk 20220306-001 release introduces many desired bug fixes while also introducing a new report called “Graphical Risk Analysis”. Pictured below it allows you to select from 3 styles of graph which aim to help users have a more granular ability to track a selection of values over time. This will be the first version of this report with new functionality to come in subsequent releases.
In addition to the new report we also added the following features:
- Added the ability to use the Controls "Filter by Text" field to find control numbers associated with mapped frameworks.
- Updated the Control Gap Analysis report to use the Reference Name rather than the Control Number so it displays the number for the selected framework.
- Added a new error message for instances where SimpleRisk cannot communicate with the database.
We also introduced a few security fixes in SimpleRisk which include:
- Fixed several SQL injection vulnerabilities through the SimpleRisk Extras in a new initiative to ensure we are taking every precaution to secure SimpleRisk.
- Fixed an XSS vulnerability in the Risk Assessments module.
This release also includes a few bug fixes and are as follows:
- Fixed an issue where Project Due Date does not respect the selected date format. Users were required to use 0000-00-00. This is no longer the case and the date format selected for the account will now work for saved due dates.
- Fixed an issue where saving a review and assigning a new project would not create the new project or assign the risk to it.
- Fixed an issue where controls would display with the word “top” in front of the control short name.
- Fixed an issue where the Review Regularly page in the Risk Management module risk ID field could not be filtered or searched properly.
- Fixed an issue where the "Control Status" field displayed when you go to Governance and select the "Controls" tab shows a value of 0 or 1 instead of "Pass" or "Fail".
The SimpleRisk Extras are the paid for functionality that extend the features of the SimpleRisk Core. This is another release that targets bugs and security patches. One of the biggest fixes being for users who could not see custom fields while editing risks. The full list of updates to Extras are as follows:
- Fixed an issue where custom fields would not be displayed when editing a risk.
Vulnerability Management Extra
- Fixed a number of issues in the tenable.io implementation.
- Fixed a bug in the tenable.io connectivity test.
- Updated the tenable.io integration to ignore scans that are older than 35 days and have been archived.
- Updated tenable.io to only pull active sites.
- Updated the "Triage Vulnerabilities" page to display the number of vulnerabilities to triage.
- Updated the "View Risks" page to display the number of vulnerabilities that have been triaged into risks.
- Updated the "Triage Vulnerabilities" and "View Risks" pages to limit the initial description displayed to 500 characters and provide a "Read More" option to expand.
- Added a "platform" tag to risks created from Tenable.io.
- Added a log to show when the last run of Vulnerability Management was.
Team-Based Separation Extra
- Added a suite of new permissions controls for different situations regarding the Document Program. You can now specify what attributes will give a user access to a given document including: User, Team, Stakeholders.
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users could not edit documents when the Team-Based Separation extra was active.
Email Notification Extra
- Added an Action notification to send an email when a new document is added.
- Added an Action notification to send an email when a document has been edited.
Incident Management Extra
- Fixed an XSS present in the IM Extra.
- Fixed an issue where users could not delete a newly added playbook.
- Fixed an issue where older versions of MySQL and MariaDB could not enable the extra successfully due to a renamed field.
- Fixed an issue where the Next Review Date column is not populated when exporting the Dynamic Risk Report.
- Fixed an issue where the characters “‘“ and “&” would not be exported properly.
Compliance Forge SCF Extra
- Fixed an issue where the following Frameworks did not associate with their controls successfully:
- ISO__27018 v2014
- MPA__Content Security Program v4.07
- NIST__800-161 [partial]
- NIST__800-171 rev 2
- US__IRS 1075
- US SSA__EIESR v8.0.
- Add a configuration to enable the Encrypted Database Extra debug logging so it does not fill up the debug log file by default.