SimpleRisk Founder Josh Sokol Featured on Dialed In With Kyle Burt
by Josh Sokol (Creator & CEO of SimpleRisk)
Last week I was invited to participate in Kyle Burt's live podcast featuring leaders in tech and business called "Dialed In". If you didn't get a chance to check it out live, you can watch the recording here. The topic was "Cybersecurity: Risk Management" and we spent just over an hour talking about all sorts of different subjects including:
- Rapid7's Release of an Exploit Module for The Bluekeep Vulnerability
- Why I Started SimpleRisk and Who is Using It
- Vendor Risk Management
- Career Paths Into Cybersecurity and Cyberpatriots
- What I'm Most Stoked About For the Future of Information Security
- Resources for Getting Involved with Information Security
- What Do You Do to Ensure the Security of Yourself and Your Family
- Can You Get a Security Job with a Criminal Record
- What No Longer Keeps Me Up at Night and Why
- Doing Better Password Management
- What About Biometrics?
- SIM Clone Attacks
- Security vs Usability in Passwords
- VPN and Split Tunneling
- Would You Rather Have 10 Security Noobs or 10 Seasoned Tools?
- Final Thoughts
I wanted to express a huge thank you to Kyle for having me on and for the ~50 people who tuned in live for the interview. Your questions were awesome and it was an absolutely pleasure to be a part of it. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to do it again sometime in the future.